The Acupuncturist is responsible for development, implementation, and coordination of acupuncture therapy for cases such as addiction, stroke rehabilitation, musculoskeletal issues, women’s issues, stress management, and digestive issues. Other applications include the treatment of headache, migraine, respiratory issues, and arthritis.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Discuss with Doctors and patients about possible drug-herb interactions (We don't prescribe any herbal medicine, but patients do take them on their own and need counseling). All ACCU does this.
- Patient education in Lifestyle changes. Exercises and stretches specific for each condition, Meditation and Tai Chi (Demonstration and referral to our Tai Chi class).
- Incorporates Manual Therapy (TUI NA-Chinese Remedial Massage).
- Provides diagnosis and discusses treatment plan with the patients.
- Builds solid relationships with patients by providing excellent experience for each patient.
- Completes progress note for patient treatments.
- Safeguards client confidentiality.
- Follows clinical hygiene rules deliberately.
- Practices clean needle technique.
- Maintains professional appearance for self and therapy room.
- Follows up on license renewals.
- Seeks ongoing education.
- Works in collaboration with multi-disciplinary team to perform clinical assessments and develop treatment plans.
- Collaborates with mental health therapists, psychiatrists, psychologists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, nurses, dietitians, wellness coaches, chiropractors, massage therapists, professional organizers, and educators to provide appropriate patient treatment.
- Other responsibilities may include:
- Organizes community educating workshops in the facility.
- Provides field related tips for the facility newsletter and community blog.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
- Interviews and qualifies new hires for Acupuncture Physicians for ChenMed and Jen Care.
- Training of new Acupuncturists (Shadowing only for ChenMed Florida Market).
- Conducts professional and ethical client relationships.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Be able to establish empathy and a person-centered approach to clients.
- Ability to recognize own limitations and respond to difficult situations.
- Skillfully work in a self-motivated and independent way.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with team members as well as clients.
- Strong dedication of wellness lifestyle.
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Master’s degree in related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in related field.Certifications from National Certification Commission of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM).
- Board certified in specialty.
- Licensed in state of practice.