Assistant Sales Manager
The Assistant Sales Manager (ASM) is responsible for recruiting, developing, and managing the Membership Development Manager(MDM)’s to achieve the market membership goals. The ASM does not personally make sales, rather develops the MDMs so that they are cultivating relationships with brokers, agents, and community partners and guides MDMs to cultivate their individual relationships. The ASM is measured on the performance of the MDMs he/she manages.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the performance of 6 to 10 assigned members of the sales team to achieve their quota of new member acquisitions.
- Trains the team on presentation, center touring, prospecting, and closing of prospective members.
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert in terms of:
- Sales applications such as Salesforce, DASH, and Availity. Eligibility criteria in terms of Medicare, Medicaid, Low Income Subsidies, and Special Enrollment Periods.
- Organizes MDM activities and assists with event planning and coordination.
- Holds MDMs accountable for the achievement of key performance indicators, performance metrics, and individual production targets.
- Recruits, hires, and manages MDMs performance to ensure the sales team is at full force.
- Hands on involvement in MDM training and development to ensure an accurate understanding of the company’s patient services, value proposition, patient qualification and compliance requirements.
- Works with the MSM to accurately forecast annual, quarterly and monthly membership growth.
- Other responsibilities may include:
- Works closely with MDMs and community partners to plan and execute events, activities, and engagements that result in membership growth.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, Low Income Subsidies, and Special Election Periods.
- Proven sales experience and experience managing or coaching salespeople.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for coaching sales people.
- Ability to inspire, mentor, and motivate a staff.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with data analysis and reporting.
- Expertise in insurance representative relations.
- Must have access to reliable vehicle as there is 70% travel within the local market. Minimal overnight travel.
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor degree preferred but not required.
- Five (5) years of sales and sales force management experience
- Experience in recruiting, developing, and managing an outside sales team.
- Experience managing local marketing events.
- Proven experience as an individual sales contributor and in a mentorship role developing peers.