The Care Promoter 1 is an unlicensed medical professional cross-trained to perform routine administrative and clinical tasks to keep the medical centers running smoothly. The duties of Care Promoter 1 vary from setting to setting, depending on the size, location and type. In addition to administrative duties, Care Promoters perform clinical duties under direct physician supervision in accordance with state practice acts. The Care Promoter 1 is an integral member of a Physician-led Care Team that is focused on providing excellent and comprehensive primary care for a specific population of patients.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Measures and records vital signs; records patient interview, history, and chief complaint.
- Prepares patients for examinations and performs routine screening tests; assists physician with exams; explain treatment procedures and physicians' instructions to patient.
- Phlebotomy and collection of other lab specimens; performs basic waived lab tests.
- Prepares and administers medications under physician supervision; changes dressings, applies bandages, removes sutures and other first aid procedures; uses CPR skills when necessary.
- Maintains supplies, equipment, stocks and sterilizes instruments; practices OSHA safety standards; performs accurate, legal, and ethical documentation at all times.
- Processes patient phone messages, returning calls and routing them to other team members as appropriate; calls patients to obtain and relay pertinent information for the physician.
- Upon physician approval and authorization, calls in prescriptions to the pharmacy. Uses communication skills with appropriate medical terminology; and follows appropriate legal and ethical professional conduct; authorized individuals will use the ChenMed Rx system to support physician medication dispensing.
- This position requires 5-10% travel time.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and empathy towards our patients at all times.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with team members, including doctors, nurses, front desk staff, center managers, and market leaders.
- Mindset focused on solving problems for patients and achieving team goals. Knowledge of medical products, services, standards, policies and procedures.
- Skill in operating phones, personal computer, software and other IT systems. Must be detail-oriented to ensure accuracy of reports and data.
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure timely patient flow. Ability to act calmly in busy or stressful situations.
- This position may require some local travel to assist in covering other centers.
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Graduate from a nationally accredited Medical Assistant program OR equivalent healthcare preparation (i.e. foreign-trained physician, paramedic, etc.) is required.
- One (1) year Medical Assistant or similar work experience in corresponding setting is preferred. Experience working with geriatric patients is a plus. EMR system experience is preferred.
- CPR for Healthcare Providers is required.