Director of Operations
The Operations Director will lead ChenMed, et. al’s operations for a defined market or multiple markets. This will include leading a small team of direct reports that together manage the performance the centers and all employees involved at the centers.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs, leads, implements and ensures all ChenMed/JenCare Medical protocols are being met with regards to the overall patient experience. Takes immediate action to implement change, if needed.
- Handles escalated issues and determine proper issue resolution.
- Builds, implements and oversees a current development strategy.
- Helps to influence the sales and network and to implement strategy set forth by the Board.
- Functions as the go-to leader for all of departments including Clinical, Network, and Sales
- Executes on key operational outcomes to ensure customer, provider, and regulatory expectations are exceeded.
- Understands and shares business controls and information across appropriate teams and ensure that there is clear understanding and ownership of key scorecard measurements as well as of total quality measures and initiatives.
- Develops, implements and manages the adoption of controls that allow the organization to quickly identify trends and potential issues and address them in a timely manner.
- Establishes and manages service strategies in coordination with the organization goals and competencies.
- Oversees, coaches, and develops operations teams in the market. Grows the team to match the needs of the business.
- Manages a team of 50 to 200 members.
- Oversees all In-Market onboarding (interview, hire, fire, part of executive disciplinary team).
- Other duties as assigned and modified at COO’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Results-oriented individual with high personal accountability, high energy, and strong drive to develop him/herself while learning our business model.
- Unwavering commitment to data-driven evaluation of initiatives and service levels.
- Ability to influence leadership, including fellow directors, to help drive process, strategy, and adhere to proper business protocols
- Ability to analyze data and metrics to create actionable items for leaders to optimize and implement.
- Problem solving and project management skills. Candidate should be a pragmatic individual that can understand the big picture while being attentive to the details required to successfully implement things (i.e., proper balance between high level problem solving and focus on execution).
- High level of personal agility; able to focus and deliver quick-wins in a manner commensurate with the needs in the moment.
- Agile thinker, quick on their feet, able to change market direction quickly.
- Travel to local centers on daily basis; 50% of the time
- Spoken and written fluency in English.
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor’s degree required – Masters preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in a Healthcare or Hospitality Executive leadership position required
- 10+ years of direct management within a customer/client service environment with strong performance and quality metrics required
- Experience managing a diverse group of functional areas is preferred
- Experience managing Executives
- Proven ability to build relationships and influence strategy
- Able to effectively leverage business and organizational knowledge within and across functions
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills