Front Desk Team Leader
The Front Desk Team Leader will provide assistance with Front Desk Team Members to ensure quality is met at all times following guidelines provided by the leadership team. This is an entry level, customer-service-focused position working directly with patients and their families in one of ChenMed’s fast-paced medical centers.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares office in the morning for patient arrivals.
- Authorized to make adjustments to the patients’ charts in regards to co-payments.
- Checks all phone messages.
- Follow-up all messages left from the day before.
- Prints Patient Check-in Board for billing.
- Reviews HEDIS MPM patient list and schedule accordingly.
- Trouble shooting for Dashboard, phone, and computer issues.
- Checks all medical release forms for accuracy and PCP sign off prior to release of medical records.
- Scans and indexes all documents.
- Prints CPA report.
- Ensures missing items on CPA Report are completed.
- Orders supplies related to Office Depot and US Foods.
- Reviews doctors schedules for:
- Double booking
- Over booking
- Under booking
- Blocks and unblocks doctors’ schedule.
- Turns co-payments into the center manager for deposit.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Mails out patient birthday cards.
- Distributes insurance verification list.
- Covers front desk as needed.
- Monitors patients while in the lobby.
- Reviews next day transportation list and confirm times.
- Assists with checking in and out of patients.
- Reviews medical record request.
- Makes sure all medical records are updated.
- Assists patients with completing their paperwork.
- Reviews and distribute mail.
- Setups conference rooms for Monday and Tuesday doctors meetings.
- Ensures RI laptop is functional.
- Assists with on-call message log.
- Assists in conducting new patient tours.
- Actively schedules patients for Chen Diabetes Program.
- Ensures rooms are setup for classes.
- Reviews ER and inpatient emails.
- Ensures patients are being scheduled within the proper time frame.
- Prints final physicians’ schedules for next day.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Good organizational skills.
- Good verbal communications skills (English required).
- Great customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Able to deal with a fast pace environment.
- Ability to train personnel.
- Scheduling experience.
- Positive, cooperative, and collaborative attitude.
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Some college preferred.
- Minimum two to four (2-4) years of experience in a medical facility, plus working knowledge of medical insurance.
- Computer knowledge including Microsoft Office programs; scheduling programs.
- Knowledge of Dashboard.