Healthcare Outside Sales (Membership Growth Consultant)
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Nurtures, builds and cultivates direct-to-seniors and business-to-business partnerships to generate new patient opportunities year-round.
- Meets with individual seniors and groups in their homes, workplaces, houses of worship, senior centers or living communities to share the ChenMed value proposition.
- Plans, coordinates and executes local events within the community (e.g., information tables, health fairs, doc talks, etc.) to help reach our ideal patients (i.e., medically underserved, Medicare-eligible seniors, age 55 and older).
- Cultivates strong relationships with health plan agents, individual insurance agents, social workers, case workers, senior housing managers, senior centers and related community providers to keep ChenMed/JenCare Medical Centers as their top provider choice for senior healthcare when referring patients to a primary care physician.
- Partners with community officials, businesses and senior outreach programs to develop initiatives that will appropriately drive new patient growth.
- Schedules one-on-one sales meetings, referral relationships with Plan agents, independent brokers and the senior community to delivers solutions on immediate customer requests. Manages vendors as related to event planning and negotiating contracts with venues where events are taking place.
- Ensures insurance agents and/or brokers are invited to community events to ensure timely patient assignment to ChenMed/JenCare Medical Centers.
- Leverages marketing and sales tools to identify solutions and sell to new customers. Maintains up-to-date client information in designated customer relationship management (CRM) tool (i.e., SalesForce). Utilizes CRM tool to document interactions with clients and ensures effective management of leads.
- Provides monthly activity calendar reflecting community access points and new tabletop venues. Creates penetration plans and initiatives in key target markets and channels.
- Recovers dormant customers via sales tools and marketing campaigns.
- Drives new member growth by appropriately educating potential patients on our value proposition and healthcare model. Delivers prescribed presentation in front of large audiences.
- Develops all distribution channels to support new patient enrollment growth. Uses all sales tools provided to ensure efficiency and collection of pertinent data.
- Partners with sales leadership to improve effectiveness of engagements with distributors, vendors and community partners.
- Builds trusting relationships with brokers/insurance agents/case workers/third party vendors associated with seniors. Develops and executes specific broker and partner strategies and plans.
- Engages with new patients through and beyond their first appointment. Maintains relationships with enrolled patients to positively impact retention. Helps address and resolve customer complaints and issues.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations
Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization
Building strong customer centric relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
Using compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
High business acumen and acuity.
Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
Demonstrated knowledge of, and expertise in, negotiation, probing skills, closing skills and handling objections.
Detail-oriented and proficient in MS office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook), CRM tools (Salesforce) plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills (e.g., pitch letters, outbound calls, effective one-on-one meetings, group presentations, etc.).
Positive attitude and the ability to attract patients with a warm, gentle disposition as it relates to our target market and their caregivers (ability to close sales without being perceived as pushy).
Spoken and written fluency in English.
Bilingual is a plus.
Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationwide up to 75%; work is primarily conducted off ChenMed premises.
This position required use and exercise of independent judgment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration or a related field OR additional combination of formal education, training and experience above the minimum will be considered in lieu of the education on a year-for-year basis.
- A minimum of 4 years of successful sales experience required. Working with seniors a plus, as is a general understanding of Medicare Advantage
- A minimum of 3 years of business-to-business experience or equivalent management experience preferred.
- Relevant sales experience with establishing and maintaining relationship with business/vendor partners.
- A valid Class C or D or State equivalent driver's license, issued by the State of current employment required.