Market Chief Medical Officer
As a member of the Executive Management team, the Market Chief Medical Officer is responsible for implementing, reviewing and developing Clinical protocols, performance objectives, productivity benchmarks, compliance measures, provider workflow planning and provider scheduling. Also, the position serves as coach/mentor/trainer to staff providers, giving guidance in best practices, troubleshooting of medical services and operations issues in priority of urgency according to TVHC policy and FQHC standards. The Market Chief Medical Officer will also represent the Clinic at required meetings with affiliated agencies. As a licensed MD the Market Chief Medical Officer will also provide direct patient services in addition to their duties in administration.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Brings together primary and multi-specialty care experts with ancillary medical services, including dental, pharmacy and acupuncture under one roof. By maximizing doctors and services in “one shop,” we can deliver coordinated and collaborative health care that enhances quality outcomes, efficiency, and the patient experience.
- Values a positive and welcoming approach to patient care, particularly for underserved seniors with low to moderate incomes.
Advocates wellness for patients along the health continuum, from intensive, preventive care to treating multiple, complex, chronic illnesses. We invest in our patients by implementing strategies that help prevent complications from chronic complex medical problems.
- Takes ownership of patient outcomes. Our doctors meet three times a week to present their patients to the entire group. This approach enhances accountability and collaboration as well as fosters ongoing innovation.
- Develops and utilizes customized, end-to-end technology designed to support every aspect of the JenCare model and culture. This technology also enhances performance in practices that share a similar culture, health care philosophy, and patient mix.
- Oversees the medical services of 3-5 medical clinics and 5 to 10 plus physicians in a specific market according to our protocol.
- Hires, manages and mentors physicians; be a clinical leader.
- Leads our physician providers in weekly morbidity and mortality meetings.
- Cultivates a market presence and develop positive relationships with local specialists and the medical community.
- Creates standard operating procedures on coding, HEIDIS and other evidence based medicine.
- Cultivates a uniform clinical culture, clinical values, clinical approach, incentives and performance values for our provider.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Current, relevant, and substantial knowledge of areas related to health center licensing and operations, e.g., legal/regulatory, administrative, policy, protocols, and other clinical issues, especially within a managed care environment, required.
- Knowledge and understanding of mid-level supervision agreements and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team, in collaborative settings, required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Understands and is committed to maintaining highest level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership to staff and to build the trust and respect of patients, staff, colleagues, external contacts, and other MT members.
- Able to motivate staff; promote team building; assume leadership role within clinical arena.
- Excellent problem-solving skills required, including creativity, resourcefulness, timeliness, and technical knowledge related to analyzing and resolving medical/administrative problems.
- Sensitivity to needs of culturally and linguistically diverse patient and employee population.
- Excellent emotional coping skills, adequate to confront difficult emotional situations and emotional responses of others.
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed the Service Excellence Standards of TVHC, Inc
- Willingness and ability to work some evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize computer technology and to willingness to develop and adapt to the evolving technological requirements of modern medical health center practices required.
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Board certification, or Board eligible, in a major primary care specialty field of practice.
- Current, valid license to practice medicine including DEA license and CPR, required.
- Strongly prefer minimum three (3) years’ experience in progressively responsible administrative or management-related positions within a primary health care environment, preferably in medically needy and underserved communities and in a community health center setting.
- Previous experience supervising providers and other clinical staff is essential, with demonstrated record of success.
- Strongly prefer (2) two years previous experience as Medical Director or Associate Medical Director with a Medicare or Medicaid patient population.
- Previous experience providing services and exercising leadership in a culturally and linguistically diverse setting, with demonstrated success.
- Previous experience working within a managed care environment strongly preferred, especially with experience in administrative/management capacity.