Market Sales Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages personnel and develops sales and sales support staff. Develops specific plans to ensure revenue growth in company services- patient registration. Reviews progress of sales roles throughout the company.
- Collaborates with Director of Sales to develop sales strategies to improve market share in all product lines. Assists sales personnel in establishing personal contact and rapport with key local communities serving Medicare-eligible seniors.
- Educates sales team by establishing programs and/or seminars in the areas of new account sales and growth, sales of emerging services and multi-service sales, profitability, improved presentation strategies, competitive strategies, proper use and level of sales support, management of expenses and business & financial issues on contracts. Holds regular meeting with sales staff.
- Accurately forecasts annual, quarterly and monthly revenue streams. Provides quarterly results assessments of sales staff’s productivity.
- Coordinates proper company resources to ensure efficient and stable sales results. Formulates all sales policies, practices and procedures.
- Interprets short- and long-term effects on sales strategies in operating profit.
- Collaborates with Director of Sales to establish and control budgets for community event expenses. Reviews expenses and recommends economies.
- Interaction with key internal market leaders (4M process).
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Advanced hands on Sales skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Expertise in Representative relations.
- Highly analytical/Data driven.
- Experience working for a large, best practice, healthcare firm (++). Coming out of Direct Marketing Organizations (++).
- Sales Force and Microsoft Office Suite proficiency.
- Must be able to travel at least 20% to various markets.
- Fluent in English.
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field required; Master's degree preferred.
- At least seven (7) years of Sales and Salesforce management work experience required.
- Management experience in developing and growing a sales team.
- Experience managing local marketing events. Direct Marketing Organizations experience a plus; Health Plan provider group experience a strong plus.
- Direct-to-Patient sales and marketing experience preferred.
- A valid Class C or D or State equivalent driver's license, issued by the State of current employment, required. Current, personal automobile insurance needs to be equal or greater than your state, county or city requirements. Must have $100,000 No-Fault or Personal Injury (PIP)/$300,000 Property Damage Liability (PDL) Limits requirement on the personal automobile insurance policy. Incumbents in this role will be subject to bi-annual Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) checks to ensure proper compliance. Since driving to various locations plays an integral role in satisfying the basic requirements of the job duties, it is imperative that all MSMs maintain a valid driver's license with a clean record.