Sr. Market Finance Analysts
The Senior Market Finance Analyst will support the Regional Director, Finance responsible for driving financial performance of one of ChenMed’s markets. This senior-level position has the opportunity for impact and advancement within the Finance organization and the broader enterprise.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies, aligns and executes on opportunities to improve business performance and “meet or beat Plan” including effective communications and alignment with all key stakeholders, including central financial and business teams.
- Supports ownership and accountability of operating expenses (Clinical and non-Clinical) with Regional/Market/Center dyad leadership, by analyzing and controlling operating expenses within the market (including identification and execution of opportunities to drive to a more efficient cost structure).
- Supports roll out and ongoing administration of ChenMed’s Shared Success Plan (SSP), including coaching of center-level dyad teams to identify performance improvement opportunities, execute those opportunities and measure the outcomes/impact of actions taken.
- Steers regional/market leadership in the annual and multi-year planning process including development of financial targets, key metrics, financial projections and alignment of financial and operating objectives.
- Analyzes emerging results and forecasts the impact of those results on future periods (including identification and execution of actions to improve those results).
- Partners with market/center leadership to validate, drive and execute key medical cost initiatives to “bend the cost curve.”
- Exercises capital discipline regarding operating costs in the centers within assigned region.
- Develops trend reports to analyze revenue, medical cost, and operating expense trends.
- Prepares ad-hoc monthly reports as needed for expenses, staffing, and key performance indicators.
- Serves as a visible and effective consultant to the market/center leadership.
- Develops a deep understanding of the economic impact of the components, drivers and indicators of the ChenMed core model.
- Builds strong relationships with market/center leadership to create value and drive performance versus targets.
- Develops in-depth financial, variance, and trending analysis for key profitability drivers and metrics, with focus on presentation to management. Interprets results and articulates actionable recommendations that maximize profitability and ensure financial targets are achieved.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
Additional Job Description
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong analytical, communication, and relationship skills
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Knowledge of operational delivery plans with the ability to turn those plans into a financial plans and outlook
- Ability to develop presentations to drive action/impact
- Ability to model financial concepts of IRR, ROI, payback period, NPV, margin hurdles, etc.
- Strong financial acumen, problem-solving and analytical skills with keen attention to detail
- Ability to analyze multiple data sources to develop deep understanding of market dynamics, identify and prioritize opportunities, and spot trends
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
- Experience with PowerBI, Qlikview & SQL preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required or equivalent experience in addition to the minimum years of experience
- MBA or similar degree preferred
- Four (4) plus years of professional experience in forecasting/budgeting
- Two (2) plus years of experience in a healthcare organization
- Preferred: Experience in a risk-based healthcare organization