Summer Admin Intern
The Intern (Paid) offers practical work experience and an opportunity to gain knowledge of the ins-and-outs of the organization. Activities will involve challenging tasks, real projects and interaction with staff. The incumbent in this role is also responsible for assisting the staff of his/her designated Market/Center of Excellence (COE) with general office duties including, but not limited to, research, data entry, filing and other administrative support tasks. He/She is expected to learn the daily routines and procedures of their designated COE and to focus on learning how our organization runs. This is a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the healthcare industry.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers phone inquiries, directs calls and provides basic company information.
- Performs clerical duties, takes memos, maintains files and organizes documents; photocopy, fax, etc. as needed.
- Assists in preparing information and research materials; assists with business development matters including marketing material preparation; creates and maintains presentations.
- Takes notes and memos during meetings; types documents, drafts, and reports; sorts and manages files.
- Runs general Market/COE related errands.
- Manages databases and inputs information, data and records.
- Researches and gathers information & documentation relative to assigned business unit’s needs.
- Sets up, breaks down, organizes and maintains conference rooms, training rooms, and meeting rooms as needed.
- Attends company functions and networking events.
- Shadows multiple office positions and trains in a variety of tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High degree of organizational skill and problem-solving ability; specifically, the ability to work as self-starter - especially as it relates to calling on resources outside the firm
- Resourcefulness in finding information and answers from within and outside the company without prompting or micromanagement
- Respect for details; ability to execute accurately at a high level without excess supervision
- Ability to prioritize/execute to achieve desired company and project goals with prudence and sense of urgency
- Exceptional customer service skills and highly dependable & flexible
- Excellent telephone etiquette, communication and organizational skills, as well as, articulate written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to learn and grow professionally grow
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
- Desire to invest your passion and commitment to a vision you feel you can embrace and contribute to the growth of the company and its success
- A willingness and flexibility to do “whatever it takes” for “whoever needs it” to foster the growth and success of the business
- Ability to embrace and live the company’s Core values
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software
- Ability and willingness to travel locally up to 10% of the time
- Spoken and written fluency in English
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Must be enrolled in an accredited university/college program
- Must be at least 17 years of age
- This is a continuous appointment, initially lasting up to 6 months with the potential to go beyond that